Monday, September 19, 2005

My weekend

So my weekend was pretty full, I don't feel like I had enough time. Friday I got home and pretty much immediately got a call from Dad. They just bought a new computer and were having problems getting their cable modem to work with it. So I tried to talk them through a few things, but didn't really fix it. I proceeded to play on the computer for a little bit and watch some TV before heading straight to bed.

Saturday I had to wake up at the ass-crack of dawn (for a weekend) and be to work by 9:00. We had to do a little cleaning/maintenance to our storage closet. I ended up getting a free video card (just in case my current one goes out for no reason) and an internal ZIP 250 drive. After 11:00 when I left, I was getting ready to head over to Dad's to help fix the problem, but I called and they had fixed it. Not surprisingly it was one thing I had mentioned that they didn't do while I was on the phone with them. So I didn't head over there.

Around 1:00 or so I headed over to Mom's house to check on the dogs. Mom and Jerry were in Colorado Springs for a balloon rally. So I stayed over there for a few hours going through some stuff in my closet to find my ZIP disks so I could see what was on them. I found 4 different disks, all of my stuff, which surprised me. Mainly because I didn't realize I had ever had 4 ZIP disks. *shrugs*

After that I got home and headed to the Lobos/Aggies game with Chris and his cousin. The Lobos totally kicked the crap out of the Aggies (38-21), which was awesome. The game drew the largest crowd in school history, at over 44,000. The band actually sounded really good, and for their size were really loud. At the end of the game the bands were having a war, and it was really fun to watch, but the asshole staff (UNM Stadium Staff, not band staff) made us leave before it was over because we "only have 45 minutes after the game to get out." He didn't seem to care that the game had only ended 20 minutes before.

Yesterday I didn't end up falling asleep till almost 4:00am, so I slept in like no other. I woke up and watched some football. I installed my ZIP drive in my computer, then checked out the ZIP disks. Holy crap, I have all kinds of stuff saved on those disks. I found the IMs I had saved the most humerous, especially the ones with Nacho. We're freaking insane. I might post some of them up in the Forums » General Chat » IM Of The Day board if I have time later.

I then proceeded to watch more football until it was time to go to bed. Then I watched Napoleon Dynamite (started it at about 12:30am), and wasn't extremely impressed by it. Then I still couldn't sleep so I watched an America Undercover special on HBO about dwarfism. It was actually decently interesting. Of course, the America Undercover's usually are.

Oh, and I did laundry too. And went shopping (sorta). I just had to buy a few essentials. But I decided to finally break down and buy a good toothbrush, so I forked over the money for a SonicCare toothbrush, so hopefully it'll be worth it and work better on my teeth than the other crap that I've been trying for a few years. I think going to the dentist would also help, but I need to talk myself into that, so that'll take awhile.

So, yay, great weekend, although I didn't get to do the things that I really wanted to do, such as watch a movie that I have. Um, I'll leave it at that as to not incriminate myself. Surprisingly, I haven't talked to Nacho this whole weekend, which is usually our morning ritual on my days off, but 1) I didn't wake up in the morning the one day I could have talked to him, and 2) I think he's busy as all hell lately. But it's still odd since we always talk online and it's been like, 4 or more days since we've talked.

I know you don't care, so I'll stop right about . . . here.

No comments: